Problem management is the process by which the causes of IT service incidents are identified and managed.
According to the ITIL definition a problem is the cause or potential cause of one or more incidents.
These are the benefits that problem management can offer:
- Reduced number of incidents
- Coste reduction associated with the resolution of these incidents
- Increased productivity
- Help the IT team to find and learn from the causes of incidents
- Promote continuous service improvement.
- Increase customer satisfaction.